Travel with Child Aid
Designed for those who have made, or are considering making a significant financial contribution to our program, Travel with Child Aid gives key supporters a week in Guatemala to get to know us in depth. Participants travel with Child Aid staff to some of our partner communities and see firsthand how the program works. Most importantly, participants are able to directly experience the difference their investment makes in children’s lives. A light volunteer project in a school or library also gives members of the group the chance to work alongside children and families—those who know best the value literacy brings to their communities.
We hope this trip will inspire our most committed supporters to continue their involvement, while giving new donors insight into Reading for Life, a program they will come to know intimately.
Upcoming Travel Dates:
Check back soon.
$1,000 per person*
*Includes all hotel accommodations, meals, bilingual guides, transportation and cultural activities. Airfare is not included.
- Orientation breakfast and walk-through of the colonial town of Antigua.
- Visit to Child Aid’s Book Center and a reception with literacy staff.
- Guided visits to rural villages in the Central Highlands region.
- Demonstrations of our literacy work in remote schools and libraries.
- Home visits with local families.
- A volunteer activity to benefit a school or library.
- Cultural activities such as visits to Mayan cultural sites, markets and coffee farms.
How Can I Participate?
If you are interested in traveling with us on a future trip, email us or call 503-223-3008.